Foster Park is seeking an Account Assistant, Commercial Insurance based in our Calgary Office.
The Account Assistant is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Account Management team by processing mail, preparing and issuing documents (endorsements, pink cards, certificates, client binders, etc.) and handling general client inquiries and other general administrative functions for the Calgary office. May also be required to assist in preparation of renewals and new business binders/documentation.
If you believe in doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity and excellence, this is the right opportunity for you!
• Provide technical assistance to Account Management Team on assigned accounts
• Provide support by preparing and issuing documents, composing correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, letters, etc.
• May be required to answer calls and handling general inquiries
• Prepares and maintains information systems and files
• Assists with new clients file set up
• Maintain and follow up on abeyances regularly
• Receive, distribute and processes incoming emails, mail, etc.
• Maintain renewal lists and commence renewal process
• Provides backup to other members of the department as required
• Perform other duties as required.
• Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness
• Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems
• Independent, process oriented with attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients)
• Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet expectations
• Comply with company policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• High School Diploma
• Alberta Insurance Council General License
• 1-2 years general office experience; in a broker environment would be an asset
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications