Foster Park is seeking an Account Executive, Commercial Insurance based in our Langley Office.
The Account Executive/Producer roles are responsible for assisting the branch with the growth of the existing client base and working with our Account Managers to ensure the day-to-day management of those client accounts. A good understanding of commercial insurance and insurance markets is required to ensure appropriate insurance coverage is applied. If you believe in doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity and excellence, this is the right opportunity for you!
• Prospecting and acquiring new clients;
• Act as Account Executive on the book of business;
• Gathering information from prospects/clients, assessing their insurance needs and developing a risk profile for proper assessment of the risk by underwriters;
• Working with our marketing department, researching insurance companies' risk appetites and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors;
• Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses;
• Creating and presenting proposals to prospects/clients based on underwriting quotations outlining all changes, sub-limits, exclusions, deductibles, warranties required, and attach updated loss runs
• Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
• Responsible for renewing or endorsing/amending existing policies;
• Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies and acting as a claims advocate;
• Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records, recording all transactions accurately and in compliance with procedures;
• Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries;
• Initiate and maintain good working relationships with underwriters;
• Attend relevant internal and external training sessions and seminars; and
• Work closely with entire team to ensure all goals of team are met; back up in times of holidays/short staffing as needed.
• A consultative sales professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to client sales and service, collaboration and team environment;
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
• Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness;
• Technical understanding of various commercial insurance products and application to various client businesses and exposures;
• Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems;
• Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet expectations; and
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Experience working in commercial insurance sales as an Account Executive/Producer or looking for the next step into sales.
• Level II General License
• CAIB, CIP, CRM or FCIP an asset
• Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, TAM, Policy Works
• Understand regulatory board expectations and regulations.
• Knowledge of commercial Underwriting and understanding of insurance markets
• Understanding of Property, Liability, Crime, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, etc. would to a great asset.