Foster Park is seeking an Account Manager, Commercial Insurance based in our Calgary Office.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a book of business with the Account Executive, as well as, providing assistance on new business, pricing, mid-term endorsements and renewals. The successful candidate for this position should have 2+ years’ experience as a Commercial Account Manager; with a strong understanding of commercial insurance and the market place. A comfort with the renewal process and placing new business is required. If you believe in doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity and excellence, this is the right opportunity for you!
• Responsible for day to day inquiries with respect to the client’s insurance needs or questions;
• Advocates on behalf of clients claims with the insurance company;
• Marketing clients insurance to the appropriate markets to help secure the best product coverage and price;
• May be required to bind coverage for clients insurance to ensure that coverage is in place;
• Responsible for preparing all schedules and supporting documentation for all submissions;
• Preparing new business or existing business proposals for AE to review and present to client;
• Renewals – responsible for tracking and reviewing client renewals to ensure that proper coverage;
• May be required to remarket; must secure renewal terms from market place; and
• Must ensure endorsements are done if there is a change request to the client policy.
• A consultative service professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to operations and client services, collaboration and team environment;
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
• Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity effectiveness;
• Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems;
• Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients and Account Executive to meet expectations;
• Comply with company policies and procedures; and
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• • 2+ Years’ experience as an Account Manager in Commercial Insurance
• Level II General License is required
• CAIB, CIP, CRM or FCIP an asset
• Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, TAM, Policy Works
• Understand AIC, IIBAA and other regulatory board expectations and regulations
• Knowledge of commercial Underwriting and understanding of insurance markets
• Understanding of various insurance products, ei. Agriculture, non-profit, Auto, Property, Liability, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Proven ability to deal with difficult situations.
• High degree of organizational skills