Foster Park Brokers Inc. is a truly independent insurance brokerage. As one of Western Canada's largest independent insurance brokers, we are able to provide a team focused and rewarding work environment. What makes us different? We strongly believe in cultivating an environment of collaboration, innovation and integrity - key ingredients to our continuous growth. Foster Park has a supportive environment and believes in a culture that truly embraces work-life integrity, allowing you to enjoy your career as well as other important areas of your life (like family and friends)!
Our experience and expertise comes from a talented and enjoyable group of people. We are always searching for those individuals who are passionate about what they do, are customer service driven and believe in working together to achieve results. We offer a great place to work and provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we have a positive work environment, where we work hard but we still love to have fun!
If you are interested in joining us, we currently Account Manager, Commercial Insurance, opportunity available in our Edmonton office.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a book of business with the Account Executive, as well as, providing assistance on new business, pricing, mid-term endorsements and renewals. The successful candidate for this position should have 2+ years’ experience as a Commercial Account Manager; with a strong understanding of commercial insurance and the market place. A comfort with the renewal process and placing new business is required.
- Responsible for day to day inquiries with respect to the client’s insurance needs or questions;
- Advocates on behalf of clients claims with the insurance company;
- Marketing clients insurance to the appropriate markets to help secure the best product coverage and price;
- May be required to bind coverage for clients insurance to ensure that coverage is in place;
- Responsible for preparing all schedules and supporting documentation for all submissions;
- Preparing new business or existing business proposals for AE to review and present to client;
- Renewals – responsible for tracking and reviewing client renewals to ensure that proper coverage;
- May be required to remarket; must secure renewal terms from market place; and
- Must ensure endorsements are done if there is a change request to the client policy.
- A consultative service professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to operations and client services, collaboration and team environment;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity effectiveness;
- Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems;
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients and Account Executive to meet expectations;
- Comply with company policies and procedures; and
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- 2+ Years’ experience as an Account Manager in Commercial Insurance
- Level II General License is required
- CAIB, CIP, CRM or FCIP an asset
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, TAM, Policy Works
- Understand AIC, IIBAA and other regulatory board expectations and regulations
- Knowledge of commercial Underwriting and understanding of insurance markets
- Understanding of various insurance products, ei. Agriculture, non-profit, Auto, Property, Liability, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to deal with difficult situations.
- High degree of organizational skills
Thanks for your interest in Foster Park!