As one of Western Canada's largest independent brokers, Foster Park is able to provide a team focused and rewarding work environment. What makes us different? We strongly believe in cultivating an environment of collaboration, innovation and integrity - key ingredients to our continuous growth. Foster Park has a supportive environment and believes in a culture that truly embraces work-life integrity, allowing you to enjoy your career as well as other important areas of your life (like family and friends)!
Our experience and expertise comes from a talented and enjoyable group of people. We are always searching for those individuals who are passionate about what they do, are customer service driven and believe in working together to achieve results. We offer a great place to work and provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we have a positive work environment, where we work hard but we still love to have fun!
If you are interested in joining us, we currently have an opening in our Surety Department for an Account Manager, Surety (Commercial/Contract). This position is an important member of Foster Park’s Surety team that supports our distinctive value offering to our clients. This position is located in our Edmonton branch.
As the Surety Account Manager working alongside our Surety Specialist(s), the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a client book of business for both commercial and contract. In this role you would assist in the negotiation with the Surety underwriters the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for our clients and you would serve as the key point of contact for client account related activities. The successful candidate for this position should have 3+ years’ progressive experience in a Surety Department, with a strong understanding of the Surety market place.
- Manages day to day transactions of book of commercial and contract Surety business;
- Responsible for compilation of submissions, matching surety to client, and may assist in financial analysis, capacity analysis, character analysis and development of brokering strategies;
- Responds to requests to review contracts for commercial bonds, bids and final bonds; understands project needs and ensures conditions are met, bonds meet obligations;
- Collaborate and assist in the development of a commercial surety growth strategy;
- Preparing proposals for surety renewals as well as new business opportunities; may assist in analyzing and defining risk exposure and coverage required;
- Working with the Surety Specialist, may assist by negotiating with the commercial/contract surety underwriters the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for our clients;
- Responsible for managing clients’ contract and commercial surety programs in a timely, accurate, and professional manner;
- Completing checklists on new business and client renewals; prepare and issue prequalification letters for clients;
- Bond Log updates; update and maintain bids, finals and consents; if delegating providing clear and correct instruction for document issuance; verifying accuracy of documentation for compliancy;
- Serving as the key point of contact for client account related activities; ensuring retention of customers and maintaining a high level of customer service;
- Accurate Invoicing and management of account receivables for contract and commercial;
- Keeping the Surety Specialist up-to-date on the needs of the clients and the underwriters;
- Coordinating the efforts of the technical and support staff to service clients effectively and efficiently to deliver seamless service to the client (bond issuance and specification review support);
- Help develop presentations, and may participate in the delivery of, surety and industry related presentations/seminars to clients and prospect audiences with the Surety Specialist;
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of surety market conditions (i.e. specific understanding of each surety market appetites);
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community; participate in Surety company events to maintain and grow relationships;
- Understand and maintain any Power of attorney (POA) agreements;
- Understand legislation around specific bonds and adhere to correct guidelines; and
- May have other responsibilities/duties as required.
- A consultative service professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to operations and client services, collaboration and team environment;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity effectiveness;
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems;
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients and Surety Specialist to meet expectations;
- Comply with company policies and procedures; and
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- 3+ Years’ progressive experience in Surety
- Associate in Canadian Surety Bonding (ACSB) designation is an asset
- Must have Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; knowledge of Agency Manager is an asset
- Knowledge of Surety terms and the Surety markets
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and to deal with difficult situations.
- High degree of organizational skills