Foster Park is seeking an Human Resources & Finance Administration Assistant based in our Edmonton Office.
The Human Resources & Finance Administration Assistant will be working directly with the Finance Manager to manage the day to day accounting duties of the department. This position also works closely with Human Resources to assist in the administration of various HR functions. The successful individual should have experience in administration and accounting. They will be responsible for planning, prioritizing and completing day-to-day workload and service responsibilities; ensuring time sensitive deadlines are met.
If you believe in doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity and excellence, this is the right opportunity for you!
• Provide assistance with monthly statement reconciliation
• Completing daily bank deposits and managing internal payment plans
• Analyzing accounts to determine if service charges are applicable
• Responsible for reviewing and reconciling insurer discrepancies
• Responsible for sending, receiving and reconciling insurance company statements
• Accessing and reviewing bank transactions
• Other duties as assigned
• This position may access confidential information; the ability to ensure confidentiality is a must
• A consultative service professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to collaboration and a team environment
• Adhere to the Finance Department expectations and standards; conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures; accuracy and adherence to high standards.
• Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
• 1+ years in accounting or administrative role
• College or technical training in related discipline is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and TAM is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with internal and external parties