Foster Park Brokers Inc. is a truly independent insurance brokerage. As one of Western Canada's largest independent insurance brokers, we are able to provide a team focused and rewarding work environment. What makes us different? We strongly believe in cultivating an environment of collaboration, innovation and integrity - key ingredients to our continuous growth. Foster Park has a supportive environment and believes in a culture that truly embraces work-life integrity, allowing you to enjoy your career as well as other important areas of your life (like family and friends)!
Our experience and expertise comes from a talented and enjoyable group of people. We are always searching for those individuals who are passionate about what they do and believe in working together to achieve results. We offer a great place to work and provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we have a positive work environment, where we work hard but we still love to have fun!
Foster Park is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional who loves the generalist aspects of this field, this may be that opportunity you are looking for! All you need is to be passionate about HR processes, people and have the energy and drive to help move the organization forward.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and working alongside the company’s Executive team, this Human Resources (HR), Manager role is responsible for the overall management, leadership and guidance for the Human Resource functions within the organization; ensuring that all HR programs and services are delivered in an appropriate and effective manner. It provides support on a wide range of operational HR responsibilities including talent acquisition, organizational strategy and effectiveness, compensation, employee relations, engagement and retention, conflict resolution, coaching, performance management, plus provides mentorship and guidance to the leadership group and our team members. If you believe in doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity and excellence, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Accountable for the overall recruitment and selections strategy for the organization including sourcing, interviewing, profiling, selecting, hiring, and managing the onboarding logistics for the organization; includes offers and onboarding logistics
- Accountable for sourcing and managing a HRIS / payroll system and processes with external vendors including performance, service, contracting, and quality. Working with the Finance Manager ensures the management of semi-monthly payroll process, ensuring compliance with payroll legislation.
- Responsible for all aspects and management of compensation within the organization including salary, bonuses, new incentive and commission structures. Includes assisting the Executive with the continued incentive program and bonus administration.
- Proven ability to review and develop a fair compensation plan and strategy for non-commissioned roles. Including total rewards for the organization.
- Responsible for the RRSP program for the organization including stewardship reviews, compliance and overseeing the process for employee entry, enquiries and exit of plan.
- Responsible for the benefits program including management of the benefits contract and administration - applications, changes, terminations, enquiries.
- Responsible for management of various leave policies for the organization to ensure compliance to legislation; and responsible for the tracking and management of vacation, illness, maternity leaves, disability leaves, bereavement, and others.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees to the organization; working closely with the Manager, Learning and Development to provide proper training and guidance.
- Manages the performance management structure for the organization ensuring timely, consistent, documented reviews for 30 day, 75 day, 6 month and annual reviews.
- Ensures appropriate management of progress discipline including appropriate documentation ensuring appropriate steps and due diligence process; responsible to manage any exit strategies required.
- Managing organizational effectiveness and providing leadership coaching and mentoring to all levels of the organization.
- Working with the Manager of Learning & Development, develop auditing program to ensure compliance with procedures, processes and provincial agent licensing.
- Manages the health, wellness and safety programs for the organization including the company’s processes for handling disability claims.
- Develop and manage staff awards, recognition programs and major staff functions.
- Responsible as the policy holder and subject matter expert for ensuring compliance of all HR policies for the organization and ensuring it reflects the employment legislation expectations for Alberta and BC. Ensure annual compliance and training with respect to specific policies.
- Any other duties which fall under the HR umbrella.
- Related University degree with 8 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in a people leadership role.
- CPHR Designation required.
- Knowledge of HR trends, common law, Human Rights and Employment Standards legislation for Alberta and BC.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills including project and time management
- Strong levels of personal and professional integrity; champion and role model of ethical business conduct.
- Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management.
- Team builder and works with leadership to create a culture of engaged employees
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data and metrics to identify and address HR issues and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills